The White House Studio Project is located in the middle of Kensington Market. The 2nd floor commercial space (formally a karate dojo) lends itself to an open concept environment and community workspace. All studio spaces are divided as equally as possible and all members have access to communal areas.
Working at the White House
VACANCIES STARTING OCTOBER!
We are looking for artists who are serious about their practice, and dedicated to its development. The White House is a collective of artists and designers, all of whom share in the upkeep and management of the space. To this end, successful applicants will be expected to take part in studio meetings, cleaning, and helping with events; this volunteer method of administration helps keep our rent low and fosters community.
Each studio is available for $245 per month, with a 3 month commitment required.
IT GETS YOU…
- An approx. 8’ x 8’ personal studio space
- 24/7 access
- High speed internet
- Screen-printing facilities (exposure room, washout room)
- A variety of power tools, hand tools, electronic equipment
- Access to 500 sq. ft gallery space for events and working on large projects
- Extra storage
- Free Life Drawing (Monday evenings 6-9PM)
Contact us at theotherwhitehouse@gmail with “Studio Application_FIRST NAME LAST NAME” in the subject line. Please send us….
- 3-5 examples of recent work
- A short bio (250 words max.)
- Link to your website and/or other social media (aka, Tumblr or Instagram)